Virginia Roberson is part of our INDUSTRIAL team on a fact-finding mission to surface the technologies and trends impacting manufacturers and to share what we discover along the way.
It is no secret that COVID dramatically changed the trade show landscape for manufacturers in 2020. Fortunately, industrial marketers are innovators, especially when it comes to navigating trade show logistics — even during a pandemic.
There’s more than one way to look at every manufacturing challenge, and that includes marketing your organization’s unique value to potential customers in the “new normal.” Demonstrating value is key to sales growth, which is why trade shows have traditionally been so successful for manufacturers. The U.S. trade show industry pulled in over $15.7 billion in 2019, which accounted for nearly half of the global total for industry events.
You can tap into that value in 2021, without placing your employees at risk by attending onsite conferences. Virtual conference technologies are breathing new life into the trade show industry, especially video capabilities, which have become more accessible and cost-effective. And with engineers overwhelmingly choosing video for content they consume regularly, industrial marketers are turning to virtual events for the “face-to-face” connections that were missing from the online sales experience.
Just a few virtual event benefits include:
- Fewer travel and time constrictions.
- Larger audience participation and group discussions.
- On-demand product demonstrations.
- Increased agenda flexibility and ability to pivot topics.
- Decreased on-site expenses like signage, machine demos, etc.
Want to learn more virtual approaches to industrial marketing in 2021? Tune into the Industrial Marketer Podcast, the newest addition to the INDUSTRIAL lineup, for fresh ideas from the marketing trenches on how to turn recent economic lemons into industrial marketing lemonade, including:
- How to use social media to strengthen relationships with your existing customers.
- How to use inbound marketing analytics to learn where your leads are really coming from.
- How to determine when video is your best option for showcasing your solutions and value proposition.
Stay innovative, my industrial friends.
Take Action in 2021
If you're looking for strategies to create opportunities in the "new industrial normal," we can help.